Sunday, October 4, 2009

Don't know where to begin, except that I'm glad that it's over.

Who knew that so many sleazy guys could fit into such a small space as Campbell? Why is there such a high concentration of them? Here is a recap of my night out with a girlfriend:

Appetizer at Rock Bottom (this name is appropriate for the whole town)

Dinner at some pizza place where immediately a drunk man thrusts his single friend toward our table to make conversation; they eventually ask the waiter for a round of the deadliest drink available, buy a round and sleazeball #1 lifts his shot glass to say, "here's to tits" (that man finished the night wearing no shirt)

Dancing at the next bar over. We have to wait in line for no apparent reason; receive hand stamp, enter and leave immediately to drop coats in the car; return only to wait in line again (why the hand stamp, then?). My conversation with the bouncer at the door:
*bouncer reads my shirt featuring the Incredible Hulk: "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
Me: "True story."
Bouncer: "Ya, I only like an angry girl when she has a gag in her mouth."
Me: "Ew." I enter the bar.

Encounters with various men:
*man approaches extending his drink to me
Me: "No, thanks."
Man: "You don't drink? Where is your drink?"
Me: "No, I am driving home."
Man: "May I buy you a drink?"
Me: "No. Thanks."
Man: "What if I get you a beer that is completely unopened?"
Me: "No. Thank you."
Man: "Where are you from?"
Me: "Here. Where are you from?"
Man: "Milpitas."
Me: "Where is your accent from?"
Man: "Guess!" (side note: I hate this game.)
Me: "Peru."
Man: "No. Israel! *pause* May I have your number?"
Me: "No."
Man: "No?"
Me: "No."
Man: "Ok, I am going back to my friends, then." *he leaves
{Did he really think it was going to be that easy? He didn't even ask for a dance first.}

Another man:
Him: "Do you have a drink?"
Me: "No."
Him: "You don't drink?"
Me: "No, I am driving home."
Him: "So, you will have no alcohol?"
Me: "No."
Him: "Oh." *he turns on his heal and leaves without even closing the conversation. I guess talking to a sober girl is clearly a waste of his time.

This went on for hours. I am SO glad to be home.
BTW: I LOVE THE WORD NO! :D

1 comment: